Announcing ::: CALL FOR DESIGNERS///:
Participate in COLLAGE COUTURE, a fashion/art fusion inspired by the work of Derek Gores. This runway event will be held Saturday, March 9, 2019 at the Foosaner Art Museum, during the run of the exhibit Derek Gores: Local Edition. Proceeds for the show will help support the Renee Foosaner Education Center’s Summer Art Camp for kids.
– Apply by Midnight, January 7, 2019.
– Open to all experience levels.
The proposed work should be: wildly creative, either ‘ready to wear’ or ‘avant garde’, and inspired in some way by the work of Derek Gores. Below are some possible jumping off points to entertain. Consider playing with:
– Ripped magazines or the nature of collage
– Themes in Derek’s work, whether a travel aesthetic, butterfly motifs, noir beauty, abstraction, etc.
– Text, optical patterns, spatial confusion, metallic pops, or hidden imagery.
– Or consider the look of Derek’s wet charcoal drawings
– Not required to use Derek’s actual work in your creation, but you may if you wish.
– Garments may be completely sewn from scratch, or upcycled to create something completely new.
– Hi tech or other outside the box ideas are welcome and encouraged.
See the attached examples for inspiration.
HOW TO APPLY///:
Designers should send one email, with subject line COLLAGE COUTURE APPLICATION to projects@derekgores by Midnight, January 7, 2019, containing the following:
– Name, phone, email, website if applicable
– Any examples of prior work
– Sketch(es) and written description of proposed piece(s)
– *Important: Keep attachments small; entire email less than 5mb.
– If your concept requires use of any of Derek’s art, please request in detail in the proposal.
SELECTED DESIGNERS WILL RECEIVE///:
– A $250 honorarium for their time and supplies
– Two general admission tickets to the runway event
– Profile in show promotion
SHOW WILL PROVIDE///:
– a model, hair and styling services. Designers are welcome to suggest a model.
Applicants will be notified within a week if they are selected, with details for reviews and dress rehearsals before the March event. Good luck!
ADDITIONAL SPONSORSHIPS AVAILABLE.
– Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
– Proceeds for the show will help support the Foosaner Education Center’s Summer Art Camp for kids.